Monday 18 August 2014

Shivering Shimla

Shimla, the summer capital of British, is not a new name for tourists. People have been visiting Shimla and many popular places that surround it. But my visit was different as for the purpose and duration. I was there for a month, so got a chance to explore the unexplored parts of it. It was April end when i left for Shimla. I usually prefer to travel by train so booked my tickets from Mumbai to Delhi and Delhi to Kalka. Mumbai to Delhi was a normal travel. And after a buffer time of 2 hours, I came to the platform from where i was supposed to board my next train. As and when i reached the platform, it was a sight which made me feel so awkward. The platform was full of couple who were probably going on honeymoon. I forgot to tell you that I was going all alone. I don’t know why i got such a coach filled with honeymoon couples, just busy with themselves and behaving in a very subtle way (that’s obvious I guess). So i decided to sleep early. I reached Kalka the very next morning, went to the waiting room which was unexpectedly nice because I thought it would be a small station.Ahead journey was booked in train which got confirmed after a lot of waiting. I waited to board the “toy train”.
The train came and everybody jumped inside. I somehow managed to accommodate my luggage as I had to be there for entire month and the train doesn't have much space inside. With a long siren, the train started and  everybody started screaming but soon after some time it became low when they realised they will be inside it for next 6 hrs. The train started climbing uphill and temperature started dropping down. There are around 5-6 stoppages on the way, where I had tea and some snacks and some photographs of course. It was such a entertainment seeing other people giving funny pose to get clicked. That was actually my effort to convert a bad luck in blessing in disguise as didn't have anybody to click it for me. After some time I was surprised to see everybody sleeping and it reminded me how they had started the journey.


So finally train arrived at the station. I had a prior hotel booking so took a cab and went down to my hotel, had my lunch and slept. I was in no hurry to explore the town as I had to be there for the next one month. 

My experience of the next one month is yet to come. 
Do write to me for any details you want.
Till then keep touring.

No comments:

Post a Comment