Friday 29 August 2014

Majestic Mysore

Hi
Welcome to my next weekend destination.

Mysore, the city of Palaces has a charm which offers vibrant cultural heritage, temples and scenic picnic spots.

I had kept my list short to be able to spend reasonable time at each of the place. Mysore city has a royal aura and the essence can be felt in all its structures and culture. I had two days to live the life of this royal city.

Tipu Sultan palace was the first place i visited which displays the royal artifacts and antiques of that period. The palace has a vast lawn around it where people click pictures to take back the beautiful memories.






Next on my list was the Chamundi hills, which is named after the Goddess Chamundeshwari. The hill offers beautiful view of the city. The temple of Goddess Chamundeshwari on the hill has several images on Nandi.



On the second day I had planned to visit the Mysore zoo followed by the Brindavan Garden.


Mysore zoo is the major tourist attraction as it’s home to some of the rare animal species.



As the day proceeded, I had taken the full tour of the zoo. So I decided to take lunch and then move on to my next destination.

I reached Brindavan garden by 3:30 pm. I took the entry ticket and entered inside. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the garden and the adorable layout. The beauty of the garden was rising with every bit of darkness. As the sun was about to set, the lights on the flowers and flowing water and fountains start playing with the music. Everything appeared to be so magical.

Now it was time for the Musical fountain. Its a lifetime experience watching water dancing to the tunes of music ...and that too some of the best Bollywood songs. Every string of water coming out of the fountain was taking such beautiful twist and turns which was exactly in tune and creating a melodious experience for the viewer and amphitheater.
I would always and surely recommend everyone to visit Brindavan Garden. And as I talk of it, the memories still appear to be so fresh and mesmerizing.
Shopping: Mysore is famous for handicrafts designed by local craftsman out of sandalwood. Don’t forget to buy authentic sandal wood oil known for its healing properties. Mysore also attracts tourist for its hand woven silk garments and saris. The place gives you a perfect holiday destination to enjoy.

So that was my weekend getaway.

I am working on my next holiday plan. Super excited for it.

Keep touring.




No comments:

Post a Comment